Monday, April 15, 2002

@ 2002-04-15 19:58:00

Current mood: in pain

what a day! i wonder if i ought to call a lawyer?
Well, my arm is in one of those sturdy things to protect it as i had a nasty fall today...

don't worry, lil one seems to be fine...

i had to get an oil lube and filter today and i also got a new air filter... but they were out of stock so they sent me to their other location in Kitchener and i walked in and there was soapy water spreading down from their doorstep (i think they emptied a mop bucket or something) and there was no sign warning about the wet area but i walked inside and the guy motioned for me to follow him through the garage and out the bay doors to my car, I proceeded to do so and I fell right on the painted concrete in the garage.

Even though I obviously fell very fast, I had the foresight to turn to make sure I landed on my side rather than my tummy and took most of the fall on my left hand.

The guy asked me if I was OK and I said I thought I was, since I didn't land on my tummy. He told me that his wife had fallen down the stairs 2 wks before their child was born and there'd been no prob.., so I proceeded to my car with him and he aksed me again if i was OK and I said that I thought so.

He put the filter in my car and my hand was starting to hurt and he asked again and I said my hand was starting to bother me and I left.

I drove the 4 mins down the street to the urgent care clinic and waited. I saw a DR after being there for about 45 mins. He examined my hand (i had to remove my watch because my wrist was swollen) and said that since i was pregnant that they could not X-ray to see if my hand was broken or not so he told me to ice it and then get one of these pre-formed wrist tensors to protect my hand if it is/was broken and that it would also be useful in the case of a strain or a sprain.

He also said that if I had any abdominal pain, bleeding, abnormal discharge or if the baby wasn't moving, to go to hospital for a stress test on the baby.

I ahven't had any probs with lil one *knocks wood* and S-N-J and I spent HOURS today driving around town to find one of these fucking thigns for my wrist in my goddamn size (small)

So i have a nice goose egg on my left hand near the base of my thumb and a icky purple mark and am in pain...

that was my day...

Thanks to sammygirl-N-J for taking care of me though :>:>:>

No comments:

Post a Comment