Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dreams

So I am finding it interesting to note that Little Man has been coming to me and talking to me more often about his dreams.

I have always had a rather vibrant and often terrifying dreamscape whereas DS (my ex and Little Man's father) rarely even remembered his, so I wondered which way Little Man would go and it seems he is following in my footsteps.

Early this morning, he crawled in to cuddle with me for a few minutes before going to brush his teeth and he was telling me about how he was out with myself, Big T, Rhyme Girl and some of our friends and everything was fun and normal but then, "Je mange une banane."

I looked at him and he said, "Mom, it got really weird because then everyone was only speaking French!"

*shrug*

He also had a dream about being under-dressed at school a few days ago or so.

He told me that in his dream he was back in SK (senior kindergarten) but it was before I was involved with Big T and that there was a meeting at school with his teacher so it was myself, Little Man, DS and his other half all at the meeting when Little Man told me with a gasp, "And then I remembered that I didn't have any underpants on under my pants!"

"So I ran to the bathroom and I didn't know where my underpants were and then I thought it was all real but then I woke up and it was just a dream!"

I think it's cool that he remembers his dreams.

I've been trying to convince him to write them down but he's not interested in that idea yet.

2 comments:

  1. My little sister is the same way. She's 8, and she has the most interesting dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fascinating to hear kids talk about their dreams!

    :>

    It's nice that your sister tells you hers :>

    ReplyDelete