Saturday, September 26, 2009

My DR's appt yesterday

So I went, had to do a pee test there.

Dr. agrees that yes, I'm pregnant and he's dating it back to July until he gets information showing otherwise.

Thing is, we were diligent about using condoms all through July and August and our "activity" level had gone down considerably because I was massively depressed.

Dr. said (and I quote), "Well obviously you weren't using them right. And you know condoms are only 80% effective."

*rolls eyes*

Now, since we don't know for sure when this happened (though I am pegging THIS month because of our one slip-up) I have been trying to pin down some of the things that I thought were odd but was ignoring.

My sudden Pizza Hut cravings. We had it twice in the past month or so whereas I don't think we had previously ordered it AT ALL since we've been living in this unit.

And that was one of my cravings with Little Man.

Also, the caramel sundae from McD's on Thursday - something else I had a ton of when I was carrying Little Man.

I've been more tired, restless, and headachey than normal.

My breasts have been more sensitive overall (though that started back in June before the June 10th miscarriage) but they've STAYED sensitive which was something that happened when I was carrying Little Man.

I think the fact that I have more pregnancy symptoms than I did in June and that my overall feeling this time is not one tinged with a sensation of "wrongness" is a good sign.

I kicked around the idea a number of times while waiting for my period that didn't come -- all those "what ifs" and such.

Whereas, back in June, nothing felt quite "right" or "natural."

So I am hoping this is a good sign for this time around.

I go for an ultrasound on Monday at 2 p.m. and then I have to see my DR for the results on Friday.

So I just have to try to relax and be as calm and as positive as possible.

I really hope this all works out.

I just want to have a happy, healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment