Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The lay of the land

So, I feel like I am trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak. Because it's been a long time since I've been 14 wks pregnant.

The last time was when I was carrying my Little Man who was born in the summer of 2002.

At night, when I lay down in the quiet, I can feel that internal fluttering. As if being not quite tickled from the inside of my flesh. The awesome strangeness of it.

I felt it when I was 15 wks carrying Little Man but I started feeling it last week with this one.

I've read that when you are over-weight that one doesn't always notice but I think that specific sensation is one that a mother never forgets.

I have to go back to my DR on Oct 28th. A week prior to that, I need to go in and see the nurse and have the pre-screening bloodwork done.

After all, I will be 37 in less than a week and I am overweight. Hell, let's not play around, I am medically classified as "obese."

So there are worries.

And yet, I feel in my heart that my baby is going to be fine as long as we make it all the way through the pregnancy.

I feel I have received "signs" from my late parents - letting me know that this pregnancy is going to work out.

And even though financially we are a MESS - with T. not working and me working PT - I just feel like it is all going to work out for the best somehow.

My aches and pains worry me, but that's just because I think we need to get past a minimum of 26 wks for a baby to survive premature birth. Once I get to 26 wks, I imagine I will worry far less than I do now.

I made a post on my main blog mentioning twinges and aches in my lower abdominal area since I don't remember that from when I was pregnant with Little Man... luckily my neice had her 2nd child almost 10 months ago so pregnancy is far more recent for her than for me so I can just bug her when I need to ;>

No comments:

Post a Comment