Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reading

Little Man is reading a book or two a day (he's been doing that before bed all summer as I want to encourage him to love reading as much as I do, if possible).

Now from his school we have a duotang that comes home weekly where we write down what he's read aloud to us, what date he did so and then one of us initials it.

While he was reading to me last night, he made a comment about the sentence he had just read.

It finished as, "... my family -- THE INCREDIBLES -- is there!"

And he read it once and then looked at me and said, "I think that's wrong. It should be "are" there."

So then I had to try and explain sentence structure a bit and point out that "is there" is correct as it connects to "family" but that if it had only said "THE INCREDIBLES" that "are there" would have been correct.

He looked at me and said, "Sentences are weird sometimes."

But I was tickled that he's even NOTICING things like that to comment on!!!

:>

No comments:

Post a Comment