Thursday, January 7, 2010

Horrid time with Little Man

Well, well, well...

After school today - Little Man asked if he could go play at a friend's house. I checked with the care provider and she said it was fine so I allowed him to go.

When T. went to pick him up - Little Man threw a major fit because the last time he was over there, he forgot his Batman toy truck.

(The backstory on this is that Little Man had begged and begged and whined and pleaded to take his Batman truck over there for about a month or more and when I finally told him he could - but that it was HIS job to keep track of it and remember it -- he forgot it there).

Anyway, he remembered when T. showed up that perhaps, in the 2 hrs he was over there, that he should have looked for his truck. But it was time for Little Man to come home since in his backpack, I discovered that he had some homework to complete.

Little Man came home with T. in a foul, reactive, violent mood. He was yelling and screaming and flailing around -- all about this truck.

I asked him to settle down and put on his listening ears and he just shrieked like a banshee.

So I said that since he wasn't listening, he needed to go upstairs, put on his PJs, and come back down to do his homework.

Then I said that the longer he took to do it, the sooner he would be going to bed.

Well - it just got worse.

Anyway, the fit contines.

He eventually gets his PJs on and comes downstairs -- still freaking out.

Then he's flailing around and he starts holding his breath and starts turning dark red.

I told him to stop - he didn't.

So I poked him in the cheek to make him let his breath out and then he got worse.

I hate days like these.

Especially when I am pregnant because it really stresses me out and upsets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment