Wednesday, February 10, 2010

32 wk and 4 day OBGYN appt

Grr Arrgh!

OBGYN was in extreme cranky mode today.

Remember though - I choose him for his skill IN SPITE OF his bedside manner...

Still no c-section date --- arrrgh! This was the 3rd now (I think) appt in a row where it was discussed that it still needs to be booked. Now he was saying probably sometime March 23 - 25th depending on when other ones are booked.

Since the 23rd - 24th is the date range we've been discussing since what - January? Then maybe it should have been bloody well booked already!!!

I've apparently lost 3 lbs since my last appt and he asked why I thought that happened and I mentioned the wicked night-time heartburn/night sickness and then he says, "Well what do you want me to do about it?"

So I pointed out that I thought he'd want to know. He told me to try Gaviscon.

Oh, and the waiting room was standing room only today.

HOWEVER -- the office is going to be closed for a wk while he goes on vacation sometime before my next appt so he'll HOPEFULLY be nicer next time.

Anyway, I brought up that he said at my last appt that I'd be having another U/S and he said they'd book that for me and I said, "Oh, OK."

So he says, "Well how else do you expect it to happen?" And I said that with my previous 2 ultrasounds, my family DR had given me the requesitions and had me book my own within a timeframe the DR gave me.

Nonetheless, they booked the U/S for me with no input on the place I prefer to go, and no input on the time so I have to go to a place on Pine St for 2 p.m. on March the 3rd.

The form they gave me just says that it's to check "fetal growth" -- but now I'm wondering, does that mean he's concerned about the baby's growth?

Oh and that same day, the 3rd, is also when I go for my next OBGYN appt - and that's at 10:45 a.m.

He's never given me my measurements or anything even though he measures me -- but he was so cranky today I didn't want to ask ANYTHING...

Stats for today were:

Weight - 285 lbs
Blood Pressure - 134/80

Baby's heartrate - 121 bpm. He said 120 - 160 is "normal" and I asked if I should be worried since it was so close to the low end of normal and he repeated that 120 - 160 is normal.

So I asked if that was his way of telling me to NOT worry about it. And he said, "yes."

So there we go.

And re: the baby bpm guessing site --

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

2 comments:

  1. Hi CM, my doc sent me for a US at Pine st at the end of my pregnancy too, I think it's a standard thing. Plus the Pine st folks are experts in baby US's as that's all they do. They are pretty awesome there.

    Plus if you are worried at all about the heart rate just go to GRH and they will do a Non stress test to ease your mind. They say to go there any time you feel worried. I would always trust my own gut instinct over the doctor anyways.

    Your doc sounds like mine it's not Dr Caruthers is it? LOL He has not much bedside mannor but I hear his skills are excellent. Althought he was on vacation when I delivered and Dr Potts did my C-Section and he was awesome...can't say enough nice things about him.

    Well I hope you are feeling well and the heartburn doesn't make you too sick, prop your head up with some pillows at night. I had wicked heartburn too, it's awful, but it goes the day you have the baby, so weird.

    Your Blood pressure is good though, I hope you get some good rest and that heartburn goes soon.

    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if the man has skills or not; he's rude, a jerk, and seems to me, completely unprofessional. If he doesn't want to practice, why the hell is he?! I hope everything is good, and when the time comes for me, I'm having a home water birth, with a midwife. That's all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete