Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Starting Out


*taken by me on Halloween 2008



Just a little background...

Little Man is 6 years old and has autism spectrum disorder (diagnosed in 2004) and he falls into the higher-functioning end of the spectrum.

He is superhero obsessed and loves the Marvel and the DC realms.

He is my only biological child and resides with my S.O. and myself while his father has him on alternate weekends.

Rhyme Girl is almost 9 years old and has ADHD (diagnosed in 2008) and we are still learning about it.

She loves drawing, crafts and animals.

She is my S.O.'s only biological child and is with us on alternate weekends.

To maximize our family time, we have it arranged that Little Man and Rhyme Girl are home with us on the same weekends.

Because both of them have been used to being only children, it can be quite trying at times but they love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment